VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some vegan I am. i did check the label but i guess not close enough to whats inside. i checked the label and made sure there was no animal products in my margerine but little did i know for the last 3 months or more ihave been eating vitamin d3. that really ****in piss' me off. its good though that the second i ralized my blunder i stopped using it. I can still consider myself vegan right ? i mean it was a mistake that was unintentional so it shouldnt count ?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I think we all make mistakes.

I never knew that McDonalds fries were not vegetarian until a couple of weeks ago! Luckly I didn't eat them too often. Now I know and won't eat them again. I think this happens to alot of us.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I gave the rest to my omni roomates. i dont like to waste but i wouldnt eat it knowing it has that in it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You shouldn't worry about calling yourself vegan. You didn't know and it wasn't like you were especially careless. Veganism is a process anyway

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyways, in my opinion you are aboslutly still definetly vegan, try not to worry about it, u did the best you could with the information you had

·
Registered
478 Posts
D3 most often comes from lanolin or fish. So it might not even be vegetarian.

Everyone makes mistakes, we learn as we go along. You're still vegan; don't worry about it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone know why the heck they put Casein in soy cheeses as well ? cause i noticed that when i turned. what does a milk protein bring to soy cheese ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, yeah! I just found out that d3 is not vegan here at VB. I was reading my vitamin label yesterday to check for B-12 and i saw d3
; i was so bummed b/c vitamins are expensive

Why do you guys have to be so informative here?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Soy cheeses aren't typically designed for vegans. They are for lactose-intolerate people who want a melting cheese. Casein allowed the cheese to melt, but does not contain lactose.

Locally, McDonald's fries are vegetarian.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts