VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently set aside one night a week to try new recipes. It has been fun! I finally found a way to enjoy veggie ground mince product, and to enjoy nutritional yeast. The veggie mince, I put in a vegetable soup. It is just a can of tomatoes or tomato soup (I tried it both ways and both were good) with chopped carrot, chopped celery, barley and half a package of Yves Italian simmered in the crockpot overnight. The second time I made it, I left out rhe barley and added some minute rice to my thermos before I poured the soup in. It was nice and thick by lunchtime. With the nutritional yeast, I made some gnocchi and on a whim, threw in a tbsp of margarine and a spoonful of nutritional yeast and stirred. It tasted like macaroni and cheese! It was so good. So, those are some of my recent food successes. How about you?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good idea for a thread!

A recent food success of mine is learning how to enjoy eating more fresh food, straight out of the refrigerator, without any plates or silverware. It feels so natural.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I managed to make a hummus and veggie "pizza". It was a pretty simple recipe but I'm no cook at all so the fact that I didn't burn down the kitchen impressed me. It was good too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.