VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I just joined and haven't looked around yet. I was contemplating joining a place like this for a while, but I always end up thinking I don't need *another* membership at some random site that just ends up selling my email address to companies, lol! But I suppose not all sites are like that
This apparently isn't. I came here through vegweb.com.

Now about the whole veg*n thing. I have been a semi vegetarian since I was about 15. I ended up giving up fish as well last summer and in March this year I decided to give lacto-vegetarianism a try. It wasn't even as hard as I thought, so after a while I cut out all "pure" dairy, meaning no milk by itself or no yogurt, cheese, etc. Then a little later I decided to cut out all animal products.

Now I am working on cutting out the last item from my diet, Honey. I am having more trouble doing so than I had with all the other ones, I don't know what it is ...

I also buy shampoos and things like that that haven't been tested on animals and since I don't buy many clothes I haven't been able to practice veganism in that area, yet.

Uhm, I'm a health freak, so all I do all day long is read ADA Journals or go online to research things. I don't have a life beyond food, hehe!

Okay, I'll stop here, I'm rambling

Anna

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>>There's a lot of former VegWebbers here, so you should feel right at home. Welcome!

Former? VegWeb.com... not a board, the website. As of five hours ago, it was still there

>>You need to fix your avatar though. Has to be 75x75 exactly.

Is it not? What's wrong with it?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe, sorry, I just kinda re-did the picture without waiting for your answer. It was 72 x 72 before, but I still don't know exactly what the problem was (mind the past tense) with it. What's the difference of about 3 px??

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hey there VegAnna!

Glad you joined. This is a great place as you already know.

We have a member named VegAnaconda, but he changes his username every couple of weeks. Besides, he has a very unique posting style (and avatar) so there should be no mixups

Hope you'll enjoy VB.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
VegAnaconda......that's funny.

Hi VegAnna!!

Welcome!!

I like your Avatar - looks just like my cat (only mine glares and lifts up the corner of her top lip like Elvis)

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Hey all, I dig the correlation of names...I like this new VegAnna member because I'm a health freak too!
Hello VegAnna!

.....................................from VegAnaconda!
........(btw: I do not change my name every couple of weeks, thats a gross exageration!)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Welcome! Clearing up the VegWeb thing, there used to be message boards at VegWeb which is where a lot of us (including myself) came from. We migrated here after Michael kindly adopted us when those boards were shut.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts