VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the search function but it won't work for me, right now. (It balks to an error page within my browser.) But what got me thinking was the graham cracker thread for chocolate covered ones. Someone said that they thought that the dark choc covered grahams at Starbucks was vegan.

I started drooling since I haven't been there in ages. Then, I wondered... what IS vegan there? (This includes their food items.) Anyone happen to know? Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
They have a plain bagel, which I think is vegan. Not 100% sure though. The dark chocolate covered graham crakcers contain dairy, unfortunately.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
They have a scone that is vegan in SOME of their stores (around western Washington)... no matter what their website says, each store is different, some have vegan items that other stores don't have, go into the store and ask.

Their Chai has honey in it btw.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Soy lattes

Soy mochas (in some stores)

Most flavored syrups (the caramel syrup is vegan but the topping is not)

Juice tea frappucino blends (I like the pomengranate one blended with soymilk)

The white and multi grain bagels are vegan at my store

Some locations sell fruit cups, trail mix and nuts

Also of course coffee, tea, apple cider

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Soy latte, Soy Chai (but only if you don't worry about honey), iced soy latte blended (similar to a frap, but vegan)

They have indredient lists of all their products. If you want to know more, go in and ask to see their book.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another note too, for all those who are interested in Fair Trade products- If you request a Fair Trade coffee, they have to make one for you. They usually feature FT once a month, but I never remember what day it is. Sometimes they grumble a little, but they'll bust out the French press and brew you a cup, no matter what day of the month!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcharlie View Post

Another note too, for all those who are interested in Fair Trade products- If you request a Fair Trade coffee, they have to make one for you. They usually feature FT once a month, but I never remember what day it is. Sometimes they grumble a little, but they'll bust out the French press and brew you a cup, no matter what day of the month!
This may only be an option at the large chain stores (the stand-alone ones). We NEVER had a french press, other than for sale, at the small version inside our store. (I worked there for a few years)~ So if they say no at a smaller store, they probably don't even have it as an option.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumos View Post

Most flavored syrups (the caramel syrup is vegan but the topping is not)
really? i luv caramel, but all caramel things i find has butter and/or milk -- does that mean a caramel frap is okay, without the topping? should i ask for soy milk?

sorry for the ignorance, i'm not sure what the ingredients are.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The topping is very much like a sauce you'd put on ice cream. Probably has butter. The syrups are thin, sugary, etc, and are just flavored.

The frappuccinos are a milk base. You can ask them to do an iced caramel latte with soy, and have it blended. It won't be AS thick as the frap, but it will be made vegan, that way as long as you leave off the whip (it is real, they whip it in the store) & the caramel syrup.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Their Chai has honey in it btw.
That sucks. I had no idea. I drink so many of those because I thought it was just plain ole chai tea albeit strong and made into a latte. It's so funny because I have joked with the girls there that they must put something in it because there so addictive.

Thanks for the heads up. I've only been vegan for about a month so I am learning a lot every day on these boards.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
They DO have a chai hot tea last I checked. And you can ask for the soy milk from their fridge to put in it, if they don't offer it on the table with the other milks. Just order a hot tea, and grab that tea bag (2 for the grande or venti sizes, 1 for the tall or short)~

And I think they do use Vanilla Silk, but you can always ask to see the box. They are nice back there.
Unless they are swamped they are more than happy to go the extra mile.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
They use original silk in Calgary. Vanilla would be a nice option.

The iced soy latte blended thing sound soooo good!

I'm a soy latte girl, but as soon as it heats up round here I'm giving that a go!

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Synergy, I wonder if the plain soy vs. vanilla soy is a Canada/US thing?

Around here (Seattle) EVERY coffee stand uses Vanilla soy which is MUCH too vanilla-y and sweet for me.

I LOVE the coffee stands when I go up to Victoria or Vancouver because they all seem to use plain (original) soy.

Interesting.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It might just be what is easily available to the local distributor. We got whichever type the store had on hand. (it was a Starbucks inside a Super Target. One of the first ones to do that, it was fun)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today at Starbucks the barista told me that she thought the pumpkin spice soy latte didn't have any animal products in it. She sounded tentative so I asked to see the pumpkin spice syrup label. It has milk in it. The vanilla soy latte, however, is vegan, so I drank one of those. Yum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
P.S. Unless the sugar in the syrup isn't considered vegan. I'm new to this so I didn't think of that until hours after I drank the latte.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I'm one of the people who goes to Starbuck's and just gets either a normal coffee (plain) or an Americano which is espresso and hot water.

Both are vegan.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.