VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is this bread that I came across about a month ago, this Private Selection 100% Whole Wheat Bread had a little box underneath the Title that I noticed and nearly jumped for joy. You see Private Selection puts these little boxes on its products to say if they are applicable to a certain diet: vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, or high in a certain mineral or vitamin. So I have been looking for bread I could eat for a long time it is the one thing that I have had a really had time finding well that little box said the bread was vegan, but on the ingredients on the back said the bread contains honey and I know that most vegans don’t consider honey vegan. However It was the context of which it said it, the ingredients said "contains 2% or less of the following: Honey, etc.. So I'm wondering is the bread truly not vegan or am I over-reacting and missing something?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is what those labels mean:

If it says "contains 2% or less" then that means it does contain honey and it is not vegan.
If it says "may contain traces of honey" then it means that it was just made somewhere that uses honey, so it is vegan.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeitanWorship View Post

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is what those labels mean:

If it says "contains 2% or less" then that means it does contain honey and it is not vegan.
If it says "may contain traces of honey" then it means that it was just made somewhere that uses honey, so it is vegan.
Yep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts