VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any cookbooks and have been wanting to get some for a while. I just placed an order for these-

Vegan Planet

How it all Vegan

The Garden of Vegan

Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes

Burgers & Fries & Cinnamon Buns

Could anyone that have any of these please give me some suggestions on recipes to try first?

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
The Ginger-Spiced Cashew scones in Vegan Planet are do DIE for. They call for 3/4 c sugar but I only use just less than 1/2 c and they turn out just fine - even still pretty sweet.

That's my favorite recipe out of that whole cookbook. OK so I haven't made all the recipes out of it (yet) but that one wins every time. YUM!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I agree with wild blackberry -- I haven't had a bad experience with Vegan Planet yet!
Everything I've cooked from there, I've enjoyed. I really like the Mediterranean lima-bean salad with kalamata olives and tofu -- it's in the salad section (of course). Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The chocolate chip cookies in Vegan Planet are the best homemade variety I've ever had. I used to use the recipe in Tales From an Ecological Kitchen (Lorna Sass), but Vegan Planet's blow them away, they taste just like regular old Toll House Cookies.

The Black Bean Burgers in How It All Vegan are great too. My husband loves them, and he's very picky.

I've never heard of the Cinnamon Bun book you mentioned though. Let us know how that one is if you try anything in it. I have a lot of vegan cookbooks, I'm surprised that one slipped passed me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.