VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aussies? You still with us or did you get taken to Heaven?

(this is meant to be a light-hearted thread, please no trolling)

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
What time is the rapture supposed to be exactly? It's 5:30 here in Japan... admittedly there aren't many Christians so it could be hard to tell. But there's a church down the road. I ought to go check...?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
You've still got about 13 hours to wait. It's at 6pm Christian Standard Time (i.e. EST, since Family Radio is in New York).

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

You've still got about 13 hours to wait. It's at 6pm Christian Standard Time (i.e. EST, since Family Radio is in New York).
Actually the man claiming this will happen is based in Oakland, CA, so it's probably 6 pm Pacific time. Of course, if no one disappears, I suppose they can just say that no one had been good enough to qualify for heaven. We are still going to have to face the destruction of the world next October though.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
The guy I heard on NPR insisting this was going to happen says it's 6pm local time. So we will all be able to watch as the world crumbles as each place hits 6pm, and just sit around and wait for it to hit 6pm for us.

God pays attention to timezones, apparently.

I'm refusing to watch the news or listen to the radio. I want to be surprised when the ground gives way beneath my feet!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

So when should I take my suicide pill? I'm on Eastern Standard Time.
I started my morning dose of rat poison a few weeks ago. One more dose should do it. I am watching the news for them to tell me when.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Awwww, look! People are all butthurt that they didn't get raptured and have taken to defacing Camping's Wikipedia page. Can you say ADORABLE?!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So what, nobody in Australia or New Zealand was saved. Big whoop. They're all sinners or something. It's still gonna happen!

I can't wait to see how he backpedals this one. Another end of times date? Sullenly pretending not to exist?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, we are still here; and there is a block party going on outside the Commune...I don't know if this is one of those scheduled Humanist "after rapture" events, but it could be; this is Vermont...Where, though, is Camping at this point???

·
Registered
908 Posts
12 minutes to go here in Germany
I have to say I'm quite disappointed by our German media. It was only said in the news today that the world is going to end, only about an hour ago! That's hardly a lot of time for us heathens to convert and repent, is it?!

Anyhoo, I'm sitting here with my BS bingo card and waiting for the rapture or a clear win. Either is fun.

Edit: Found this on Wikipedia and had a good laugh:

Quote:
Despite his latest prediction, as of 20 May 2011 Family Radio's website was offering special promotions which expired on 28 May 2011.
Edit2: Five minutes! So exciting

Edit3: 2 minutes past 6 and no flying believers yet

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kjesta,
Good to hear you and Deutchland are still with us...Let us take a moment to urge nonviolence on those with access to Mr Camping today!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
They should just admit that American Christians will never get saved because they are too sinful.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.