VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... In French! (Which is the only unfortunate part, my French is not quite there yet but I'm going to give it a stab...)

We've been told we can do our assessed presentations on anything that's even vaguely related to anything covered in the class, and we have touched upon vegetarianism - and it was a nice conversation, and some of the others seemed genuinely interested in learning more, so I'd like to take it a bit further and give some more information/ share some more of my opinions.

I'm going to get together some of the best and most convincing facts/statistics (although I might have to check to see if the ones from books I have are still up to date...) and then also give a more personal side of it, share some anecdotes, tell them about some of my favourite vegetarian food and explain why I am so happy being vegetarian, and the ways in which I try be a good example of it.

Who knows? It might even inspire some of my classmates to think about it a little more (if anyone can understand my broken French, that is.) For once I'm actually quite excited about doing a presentation! Sorry if this post seems a bit random, I'm just pleased to get a chance to talk about being vegetarian because it's something I don't seem to find myself doing as often anymore, in my life in general.

If anyone has any specific, favourites facts or quotes or anything then feel free to share.
I'm really hoping it goes well because it feels great when you can make someone think more positively about vegetarianism, which I'm hoping will be the outcome of this

·
Registered
222 Posts
You're in luck, buddy - I just did the same thing (minus the French).

I've got sources and statistics galore - all cited.
Granted, it's all about the ecological approach, but if you're thinking of making that part of your speech, send me an email. I'm more than willing to share.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm from Otawa, Canada. I may never have done a presentation on the matter, but French is my mother tongue. Anything I can help you with let me knwo! Send me a message!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, for all your replies! I will check out that other link and the vegan speech part of the site.

azerea_02, I will let you know! I'm hoping to get to go to Canada at some point, it's awesome that French is your mothertongue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts