VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I'm hardly here anymore (due to non-net-access at home), I feel very connected to VB.

I noticed all these new people and was wondering where they all came from! I've just a read a few posts and put a few things together but I'm still not clear on all the details.

Pretty cool to have all these people around though!

So, maybe I'm a big nerd, but it reminds me of the two crews on Star Trek voyager having to get along on the same star-ship.

I wish we had cool differently designed uniforms to distinguish each other though...

Maybe here (unless its somewhere else and I've completely missed it) we could discuss the past history of the two boards, and share some stories?

Man, I can't even remember any of the people's names back in the original VO days... I think that Infernos, and Tanager are the only ones that come to my mind offhand.

Of course, the people here that I think have been around the longest are Michael, Soilman, Spud, IRP, oh my memory is failing me... help me out people!

Oh, things just keep changing all the time.

I wonder where we'll be in 10 years?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Pretty much all of the mass of people coming in from the last couple of days are those us from the VegWeb boards. Vegweb had to shut down their boards (I'm unsure why), so Yvette encouraged us to come over here... which many of us did. I think most of us are glad to be here (once we get over the shock of VegWeb-no-more).

I hope to get to know more of you!

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikie

So, maybe I'm a big nerd, but it reminds me of the two crews on Star Trek voyager having to get along on the same star-ship.
It's reminding me of when the WWF bought the WCW... What a bunch of nerds!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i'm really enjoying the melding! there is so much more going on now, i can see i'll have even more trouble staying away from all the great conversations here on VB.

thanks for joining us, everyone!

i remember the VO days, too, mikie. it's funny how long ago it seems. it was only a couple of years, but it feels like a decade, at least.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I personally miss having Infernus around... and definitely would like to see her, Alie, Alexie, Bartmar, Frankie and a few others drop in

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I dont miss them and i wouldnt like to see any of them stop by, except maybe Diderot, now he was fun to have around.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, there are more of us here than I was remembering!

Let's see, there's Mikie, Michael, Avalon, Kreeli, Tame, Soilman, Majake, IRP... Robert, were you there?

How great.

(Who else? I know there are more that are registered here, but never stop by anymore, like Kittee, and Anthrogirl. Maybe now that there's more people here I can get them to come back.
)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

I personally miss having Infernus around... and definitely would like to see her, Alie, Alexie, Bartmar, Frankie and a few others drop in
and me; and Diderot I shall always be grateful to for introducing me to liquid smoke. My tofu has never been the same since

Some one [Robert?] please post the link to Frankie's board, I lost it when it upgraded last time but it's a perfect place to go for a laugh/argument/shock. Frankie is a real sweetie but there are lots of huntin shootin types there as well as vegans so not for the faint hearted.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Life2k, I think he jokingly meant "Trekkie nerds" or "wrestling nerds".

Around here, really, you should never take anything as personal. If someone has something negative to say, they almost always say it specifically to the person(s).

I'm pretty sure no offence was meant or intended.

Having said that, Teri.... Frankie's board is at:

WARNING... The link below is a very open board that includes hunters, omnis and AR/veg*n's alike. Do not click the link if hunting, etc will offend you.

http://www.ethicdiscussion.com/

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Life2k: hahahah, no.... honestly... we're really a nice bunch (well, most of us are... I'm sure some would disagree about me though)

When something is meant personally, its usually pointed directly to the person. Similar to how I referenced you in this reply

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

It's reminding me of when the WWF bought the WCW... What a bunch of nerds!
It has been brought to my attention that my "nerd" comment was perceived to be directed at the gaggle of VW'ers that recently joined our party. Let me assure you all that I think of nobody here as a "nerd" a "geek" or even a "republican". That would just be rude.

Besides, it's evident we're all "weenies".

No, seriously, I was referring to Mikie and myself, and our affections for Sci Fi and sweat-laden steroid freaks in tights, respectfully. And if that doesn't make us nerds, then certainly neither does Mikie's Yu Gu Oh card collection.

<edit>Polk High Football Rules!</edit>

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Life2k

To whom were you referring, sir?
Why is it that whenever calls me "sir" it's a bad thing? "Sir, you're causing a scene..." "Sir, would you please put your pants back on..."

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Don't back down Max! Call a nerd a nerd and smack 'em in their pocket protector!

BTW, I saw Lex Luger the other day. I think he was trying to wash my windshield at a stoplight.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Why is it that whenever calls me "sir" it's a bad thing? "Sir, you're causing a scene..." "Sir, would you please put your pants back on..."
Similar to a Homer Simpson quote, eh? I use that quite often. Sadly enough, it is very, very true.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.