VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and I am really excited!! I just don't know what to expect. I've never done farming before and I've lived in NYC for most of my life. Thing is I've always wanted an organic farm so I figured now was as good a time as any to figure out what it's all about and to make sure that I was being realistic.<br><br><br><br>
That being said, have any of you guys done this sort of thing before? Do you have any advice? What should I pack? I'll be there from may-october.<br><br><br><br>
The other thing is I'm trying to decide btwn an internship in arlee, montana vs silverton, oregon. What do you guys think? Anybody ever been to either of these places (cause I haven't).<br><br><br><br>
Thanks for your ideas in advance

·
Registered
26 Posts
The midwestern climate in Montana is significantly different from the "west of the cascades" climate in Oregon. If you would rather live permanently in one climate zone or the other, I'd recommend you learn to farm in that same type of climate.<br><br><br><br>
Your internship sounds awesome, by the way! Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Lyrl, sorry it took me so long to get back, it's been very hectic here these past couple of weeks. I'm going to go with Montana- im really looking forward to it. My brother brought up something I hadn't thought about enough- how can I stay vegan without the HFS 10 minutes away by train? It may get expensive if I try to order everything online. But this is more a question for the recipe boards, so I'll post there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts