VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I always drop my falafal on the floor on purpose ... I find it adds an interesting flavour not reproducable otherwise

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, you guys crack me up!

dk_art, I do recall a much better flavor. I believe it has something to do with my cat shedding...

*nods*

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Flyte (the fat spaniel) eats any falafel that falls to the floor. Anyhow, I make sure I don't drop it.

And I've just found a new brand of ready-made falafel. It's a hundred times better than the stuff I was previously having. A hundred, I say. It's so lovely. I only wish i hadn't filled my belly with other foods beforehand, so I could experience falafel!

I say that falafel should have it's own area in the food pyramid!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could go for some falafel right about now ... I'm getting VERY hungry!

5-second rule stands in this household, too *L*

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Yup.I loved falafel, and that was when I was eating the crap stuff. I get ready made falafel, and I got this crappy falafel. It was yellowish, and mrfalafel (he used to post at vegweb) said that good falafel should be brown on the outside and green in the middle. Anyhow, a few days ago, I tried some marks & spencer falafel. And it is great! Falafel the way it should be!

And if I ever do set up a blackpool veg*n restaurant, which is my dream, you can be sure that falafel will be on the menu.

I'm glad I've turned everyone into falaf-a-holics. Now, if only we can get all the omnis to drop their hamburgers and grab some falafel!!!

Let the falafel revolution commence!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have to make some non-boxed falafel sometime... But for now the box stuff is fine... It only takes 20 minutes to make and it's still pretty good! Even if it is yellowish-greenish-brownish on the inside...

Do they make this marks & spencer stuff in America?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
heh. my x second rule is adapted to how long the particular piece of food has been on the ground. as long as it isn't gritty it is alright.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Do not eat food off the ground. You can get microscopic worms that way. Noooooo..

At least that is what they tell me.

Ah heck, go ahead it is your intestinal track, that could just be an old wive's tale.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts