VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I used to drink this stuff as a kid day in day out. It is THE best soy milk you can buy in Australia. (Maybe the stuff isn't available in other countries)

"So Good" comes in all these different flavours aswell (vanilla, chocolate, cappuccino, original, strawberry, banana etc.).

The thaught just hit me though.
Could "So Good" soy milk be too good to be true?

Can anyone verify for me that "So Good" soy milk is definitley vegan friendly? Just wondering incase they are sneaking some animal-product ingredient in there that's making it taste so nice...

·
Registered
489 Posts
It states on the pack I have in the fridge that "all ingredients are of non-animal origin"

So unless they are lying.... I guess you are safe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oooh- yeah when I lived in Australia it was definitely the best one. We get it here in Canada too. If I buy commercial that is the brand I get, but I have a soy milk maker so I just make my own.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
We can get it in the UK (I've seen the original, and a non-refridgerated chocolate), and I'm pretty sure it says on the package it is vegan.

the website says

Quote:
7. Does So Good contain animal products?

So Good is 100% free of animal products and suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
I don't like it that much, though. I do get it if it is on special offer.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I prefer Vitasoy. Their Lush series is just that, lush!

There was a brand here, "So Natural" that brought out a creamy "milky" flavoured soy milk that contained, wait for it, cow milk.
I rang and asked why on God's green Earth they were putting cow milk in soy milk and they replied "but there's not much cow milk in it. Less than 4%".
A lot of people must of complained because they pulled that flavour very shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

There was a brand here, "So Natural" that brought out a creamy "milky" flavoured soy milk that contained, wait for it, cow milk.
I rang and asked why on God's green Earth they were putting cow milk in soy milk and they replied "but there's not much cow milk in it. Less than 4%".
A lot of people must of complained because they pulled that flavour very shortly afterwards.
When I was in Hong Kong all soy milk seemed to contain milk, seemed stupid to me.

I wish we could get vitasoy here when i was in NZ they had the best flavours, the chcolate was amazing and i seem to rememeber a rice milk which had chickpea or something in it, that was soooo good! Hmmm i think i need to move countries.

We get so good here and it's marked vegan. Though i have to say the refidgerated varity is the most foul tasting thing on earth.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:

the chocolate one's yum-city

Quote:
There was a brand here, "So Natural" that brought out a creamy "milky" flavoured soy milk that contained, wait for it, cow milk. I rang and asked why on God's green Earth they were putting cow milk in soy milk and they replied "but there's not much cow milk in it. Less than 4%".

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:

there are vitasoy drinks in the chinese supermarket near me that contain cow's milk.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Why? Why, why, why, why, why?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah, it's dumb. Even if you take us veg*ns out of the equation, what about all the people who buy soy milk because they're lactose intolerant? I'm sure they really appreciate milk being in their soy drink

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I tried Alpo soymilk when I was in the UK last year. I loved it.

I wish we could get it in Canada. I do like sogood, but I prefer silk.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

there are vitasoy drinks in the chinese supermarket near me that contain cow's milk.
It's not the same Vitasoy. The chinese vitasoy is in a blue packet right? |I believe the oz/nz one is a completely different company.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vheogl View Post

It's not the same Vitasoy. The chinese vitasoy is in a blue packet right? |I believe the oz/nz one is a completely different company.
really?

I don't know what colour the packet is, these were little box drinks. I wanted them for the cute cartons and the free stickers

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

really?

I don't know what colour the packet is, these were little box drinks. I wanted them for the cute cartons and the free stickers

Actually I think i may of been wrong.

Quote:
Vitasoy began making soymilk over 64 years ago in Hong Kong when Dr K.S.Lo created a nutritious, high protein and vitamin-rich drink made from soy beans........Since then Vitasoy has become a household name and one of the leading suppliers of soymilk in Hong Kong .

http://www.vitasoy.com.au/aboutHome.html
Well you learn something new every day. Have no idea why their soy milk in Oz/NZ is milk free and every vitasoy product in Hong Kong contains milk.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
It may not be a different brand per se, but it's a different product line, definately.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Yeah, it's dumb. Even if you take us veg*ns out of the equation, what about all the people who buy soy milk because they're lactose intolerant? I'm sure they really appreciate milk being in their soy drink
Why does everyone assume that only vegans and people who are lactose intolerant would buy soy milk??

When I was omni I used to buy soy milk all the time just because I loved the flavour! So back then I would have loved the idea of an extra creamy soy milk with cow's milk in it aswell.

Now however... blergh

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
At the moment I just get Coles soy milk because its cheap and I use it only on breakfast cereals.

Lush is the best for flavoured, but So Good Essential was my favourite for normal drinking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts