VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching the first episode of the newly resurrected Fear Factor. I forgot how disturbing it was to watch them eat stuff. They're eating scorpions.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Uuugh. I thought this atrocity was gone for good, but apparently people are too idiotic and want to keep disgusting failures like this one alive.

A few minutes ago, I was thinking, "Oh, sweet injured cat help stories, gay penguins, happy vegetarians... I have faith in humanity again!" but not anymore.

Extreme disappointment. Makes me want to punch whoever is responsible for this in the face, as well as anybody who "enjoys" this monstrous abomination of an attempt at entertainment.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Also, why is this in Entertainment? I know that a lot of others share the view that this show is insanely disturbing and cruel, might as well move it to the heap.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
wow....i used to loathe and cringe at this when I saw it in the past...Ick!!

Peace

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Uuugh. I thought this atrocity was gone for good, but apparently people are too idiotic and want to keep disgusting failures like this one alive.

A few minutes ago, I was thinking, "Oh, sweet injured cat help stories, gay penguins, happy vegetarians... I have faith in humanity again!" but not anymore.

Extreme disappointment. Makes me want to punch whoever is responsible for this in the face, as well as anybody who "enjoys" this monstrous abomination of an attempt at entertainment.
Why is it so bad? I haven't really seen much Fear Factor.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Why is it so bad? I haven't really seen much Fear Factor.
They often have at least one challenge that involves eating LIVE insects or raw animal parts. There are also challenges involving live insects and small animals.

Of course it's also common that there is at least one vegetarian/vegan contestant who quickly throws all their morals out the window for a chance to win all that money. At the start of the challenge they will talk about how they are veg*n because they love animals. Then the challenge will begin and they'll devour those insects or cow rectums or horse eyeballs without a problem.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
It's basically a show where people are put to the test to do gross and crazy stuff and conquer their fears. Some of it is really cool and takes skill, like walking on tightropes, but that is completely overshadowed by the 2/3 of the show they spend eating live animals.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Ah, that is messed up.

I do like Joe Rogan though. I don't think he likes the show, I've heard him say he has to be high to get through it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's so embarrassing because in my younger (not that I'm that old), pre-veggie days I used to actually enjoy watching this show. What was wrong with me.........

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I feel bad i watch it and i used to like it, and i still might, mainly because it's one of the only things that bonded me to my dad.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Ah, that is messed up.

I do like Joe Rogan though. I don't think he likes the show, I've heard him say he has to be high to get through it.
He kind of seems like an ******* but I respect the fact that he speaks his mind and doesn't censor himself. He's not one of those celebrities who tries to have the perfect image and reputation by kissing Hollywood's ass and being fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

I feel bad i watch it and i used to like it, and i still might, mainly because it's one of the only things that bonded me to my dad.
Maybe they'll cut back on all the gross and cruel animal stuff this season and concentrate more on the stunts. Maybe..

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Maybe they'll cut back on all the gross and cruel animal stuff this season and concentrate more on the stunts. Maybe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenm7 View Post

I forgot how disturbing it was to watch them eat stuff. They're eating scorpions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I changed the channel when I saw them swimming in cow's blood. Yeah...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.