VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never done either, and next week I have a chance.

Which should I choose? I've heard they're different. Those of you who have done both, which do YOU think is best, and why?

Thanks for the opinions!

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
hi man (or I think woman) is it the veggie ski holiday outfit whatever they're called you are going with?

I've never done either, but so so I love watching it all ..........

Anyways, I watch "Ski Sunday" right thru-out on the tv when its 'in season' (like Winter time) in the UK and the enthusiasm of the show commentator for "Ski Sunday" NICK FELLOWS is phenominal, super guy !!!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/micros...nsideedge.html (photos of Nick Fellows as he is now)

http://www.channel4.com/sport/micros...ing/about.html (Channel4= ski sunday & World Cup skiing channel info... I believe the pic you see of him here is him in his younger days as a skier himself rather than the amazing commentator his is now!)

I think I like the ski marathons (mainly on the flat) as amongst my fave events that I'd like to try.... but I don't know if I'd have the balls for the other events, hoho..

Tell us how you do in this same thread when you get back, have fun....and which country will the skiing take place in btw ?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I really enjoy both.

I am way better at skiing, but I like snowboarding just as much- although I did tear my MCL about a month ago snowboarding

Skiing and snowboarding have different learning curves.

Skiing is easier to learn, and harder to get really good at.

Snowboarding is hard to learn (prepare to be on you butt a lot for the first 3-4 days), and easier to get good at.

Snowboarding gear is cooler and the boots are much more comfortable.

Skiing is easier on a mountain where there are a lot of flat spots to traverse between lifts or trails (because you have poles).

I'm sure that's not really helping you decided at all, sorry!

Which ever you wind up choosing, have fun!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Snowboarding! Without a doubt. I had the chance to try it for when i was in NZ this summer and it was so fun. I can't say i was that good, though if you've done any skateboarding or whatever before it's a lot easier. But it's great fun. Plus as i was told on my first lesson, just walking around with a snowboard makes you look cooler than any skier ever could. It's pretty tough at first and you have to be persistant and have a sense of humour about it and lose the fear of falling. But it's all worth it. I would kill to be able to do it again, such fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts