VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my landlord today that I either get rid of my dog or move out. Well, my SO opened his mouth and now we are being evicted! Over a barking dog! He barks when people come up the stairs, and my landlord hates dogs. Oh, yah, and since the landlord is my SO's boss, I am soon to be the only one with a job. Yay.

We are moving to his father's farm house, and I will rarely have access to the internet. Oh, and the house doesn't have working water pipes, electricity, needs a new roof, and is missing windows.

I think I'm done ranting for now.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Oh that sucks! It's too bad they aren't giving you a chance, as there are many things you can do to train a dog to stop barking, including a citronella collar as a last result. Look into renter's rights in your area also, to make sure you're not being forced out before the law says you can be. Good luck in the new situation, hopefully it won't be long before you can move into a place of your own again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah, we are moving back "home" where we both grew up. Most of my family has relocated, but his family is still there, and I can't wait to see the kids! His 12 year old cousin called me, cryin cause she was happy we were moving home. I am looking forward to living in the country again and having a garden. Biggest problem is that it will be an hour and a half drive to class.

As far as the dog barking, none of our neighbors has a problem with it, we've asked. He just hates our landlord. We do have one of those sonic things that goes off when he barks, and it works. The guy just really hates dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts