VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the NINJA

I am beyond excited to use it.
I need good smoothie recipes using kale.
I was also wondering if i could add some to my shake i make with chocolate protein powder. Does kale go good with chocolate ?
Please help me. I dont want to make something gross and be wasteful!

*I tried searching this, but I could find anything.
*I was going to put it this in the food discussion, but I just want vegan recipes so i put it here.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

I just got the NINJA

Please help me. I dont want to make something gross and be wasteful!
that's the thrill of making smoothies though lol. its the best way to learn what does/doesn't work and even if you end up with something gross at least you have a story and you won't do it again

·
Registered
221 Posts
Kale has a strong flavor, so I usually blend it with green apples. I also add vanilla hemp powder, flax seeds, and almond milk. I really just buy whatever is on sale/reasonable/sounds good, and blend it all together. I try to have an apple, a berry, and a bunch of greens (usually spinach or kale). I haven't made a gross one yet. I think it would go fine with the chocolate protein powder...though I couldn't promise it (you may want to check out the green smoothie thread in the raw subsection).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Usually I can't even taste the greens in my smoothies if I use banana. My fav is usually a few cups of greens, a banana, cup or two of berries, and a tablespoon of cacao powder, and some nut milk to make it blend. I've also added in flax seeds and oatmeal on occasion, which makes it thicker.

I usually use spinach for greens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts