VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. my name is Natalia and i am 20 years old from Sydney Australia. i have been vegetarian for 2 years and vegan for 2 days! but i was vegan for 3 months in early 2006 but couldn't stick to it because i went overseas and stayed with some family who just couldn't understand or leave me alone. that really annoyed me, but i'm ready to give it another shot.

when i first became vegetarian i thought it was going to be a struggle but it definitely wasn't. i never once felt the temptation. and then i thought veganism would be an even bigger struggle... but it hasn't proved difficult at all.

i feel great! i feel ready to start this new year with a new plan to actually go out there and make a difference. i plan to take time off work and go do some volunteer work overseas perhaps. i've just been so overwhelmed by the passion of everyone here who actually confronts the issues and takes the initiative to play their part - however small or large it may be.

as for how i feel about omnivorves - i feel they chose not to confront the issues. as we say 'ignorance is bliss'. they don't know and they don't WANT to know. if everyone saw the footage i have seen of factory farming and animal testing and everything in between, then i do believe there would ALOT more vegetarians and/or vegans.

anywho, i've rambled on enough! nice to meet you all and thank you

Natalia

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

I've decided to go vegan for my New Years resolution (and I tried it back in '05, but went back to l/o after about 6 months). Let's make it stick this time

And have to say, I love Syndey. I spent a month there back in '98. I want to go back sometime soon!

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Welcome! There are a few Aussies around here I believe, even a few from Sydney.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts