VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My culinary adventures have encountered a few small victories. Firstly, my long hunt for vegetarian worcestershire sauce is over. i tried cooking some myself not that long ago. It was a disaster. I've found myself some fish-free worcestershire sauce, and I don't have to put any effort into making it. Woohoo!

And another small victory is that my apple pudding seems to be taking over the hearts and minds of many of my friends. One of them knows it as "Inca breakfast" since I explained that quinoa was an Inca food and that apple pudding makes a great breakfast. And I've had about six other people try it. All positive feedback. (That's six points up in the self-esteem ladder!)

Finally, I can now cook soy tacos without leaving big nasty scorch marks on the pot that I cook it all in. That, and they taste great, even when it is just textured soy protein, seasoning, salsa and the taco shell thingy. But I don't have to spend ages scrubbing the pot afterwards now that I've perfected the art!

Woohoo, it's the little things like that which make food so enjoyable!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Loki, I'd be very interested in your apple pudding recipe. It sounds very good. I have half a box of quinoa in my cupboard I've been meaning to use. Last time I tried it, forgot to rinse the grain. Luckily I only ate a bite or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts