VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I do my grocery shopping at Kroger. It is the largest grocery store in the area, and they have a nice natural foods cubby. They sell Yves, Amy's, Lightlife, Fantastic soup mixes, Silk, and of course the "big three" of Boca, Morningstar, and Gardenburger. And of course, they have a produce section, as well as plenty of canned and frozen veggies. That's all we need, really, so I can't complain.

Household/cosmetic products are trickier. These products are not consistently stocked and are often extremely overpriced. (Think $6-7 for a bottle of spray-on cleaner.) So with household/personal products I usually choose the generic or off-brands. (Surprisingly, many generic products have "no animal testing" labels.) With makeup and deodorant, I order the catalog products, like Avon and Mary Kay.

I enjoy eating out at restaurants. This is probably because my mom thought cooking was too much hassle, and I got used to eating out. We don't have any vegetarian restaurants, obviously. I go to places like Subway, Taco Bell and Panera Bread, as well as local restaurants which offer something I can eat. I always find it amusing when big-city veg*ns complain that there were only one or two meals on the menu they could eat. I am thrilled to see a veggie wrap, hummus and pita, or steamed vegetable plate on a menu.

We don't have any natural foods stores. I've never been to a Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Every so often, somebody gets the big idea to open a little privately-owned "natural foods" store around here, and it is always poorly managed and terribly advertised, and it fails. This has happened about five or six times in my memory.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts