VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to buy more body wash before i left home. Now, in my dorm, I needed to buy some. The store in my dorm has a St. Ives body wash that says on the back "Not tested on animals" and "does not contain animal ingredients." i bought it because I needed it and the only other option was Dove, which I know isnt vegan.<br><br>
So...If it clearly states "no animal ingredients" then is there a synthetic "silk amino acid", a plant based alternative that works in products like silk, but isnt actually silk? Help me out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A quick search shows that there is synthetic silk, but I couldn't find anything on silk amino acids or St. Ives' use of it. I sure hope St. Ives is telling the truth in their labelling and that they know that 'no animal ingredients' means no insects... because I use quite a few of their products (they're effective and very affordable). Their mineral therapy body lotion is AMAZING; it's the only lotion I use now, and I also use their apricot body wash and some of their skin care line.<br><br>
I would send them an email just to be sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts