VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing really well, being meat free, when this moring I just had a craving for meat. I scarfed down 2 corn dogs and a sausage and biscuit and then some milk gravy with sausage in it. UGH! I hate myself, but Im not going to beat myself up over it. Now Iv been feeling quesy for the last hour since I ate it. gross just thinking about it and what was it it makes me want to gag myself just to get it out of mew. now, I wish I had a smoothie to get rid of the taste. *thinks* mmm mybe Ill go to sonic and get a raspberry bananna smoothie later.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Don't be too hard on yourself. We fall down so we learn how to stand back up again

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Have you considered keeping around some veggie dogs and some veggie sausages for when cravings hit? There are a lot of different brands so you might have to try a few until you find ones you like.

·
Registered
491 Posts
in a sense i think it was a good thing. you will remember how icky you feel after eating meat. dont be so hard on yourself, most of us stumble a bit here and there especially in the begenning. hang in there...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree with cookingVeg, if you like the taste that much, keep plenty of easy fake meats around. Also, why not keep some cut up vegetables and other easy veg*n snacks around to munch on? Maybe if you're not hungry, you won't have such huge cravings.

·
Registered
313 Posts
We all learn from our mistakes, that's how we succeed the next time! I wouldn't even worry about it, just remember how you feel by accidentally eating meat and hopefully next time you'll grab the veggie sausages.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
you can buy veggie corn dogs and veggie sausages. I don't know how you could eat that much food in the morning and not be sick. :p

·
Registered
0 Posts
Pick yourself back up and remember tomorrow is a new day.
Next time you feel a craving come on, just remember how crappy you felt after you ate all that stuff, and remind yourself of your own reasons for going veggie in the first place. Best of luck to you on your veg journey!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry06 View Post

Now Iv been feeling quesy for the last hour since I ate it. gross just thinking about it and what was it it makes me want to gag myself
UGH, that was some craving! Maybe you can find something that will remind you of what it is BEFORE you eat it. If there are photos or a video that will remind you of why you don't want to eat it, you could go look at them whenever you have a craving like that again. Then after that, go eat the veggie substitutes.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
The title of this thread made me think of that Britney Spears song...

Anyway, I concur with everyone else who's saying not to be too hard on yourself. Try keeping some veg foods that satisfy meat cravings on hand. They might not be exactly the same as the real thing, but they might help.

We're here for you. You're doing great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts