VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to be a competitive gymnast but, after being injured, i quit almost 4 years ago.. in the time that i was away from gymnastics, i developed anorexia and ive been in recovery for a year.... i know some of my muscle has come back, but certainly not all...and my heart rate and bp are back to normal after being low with my ED...

ANYWAY...

i just went back into gymnastics (this is only my 2nd w/o) and every time i work out, my body feels AWFUL afterwards.... headache, nausea, sore throat... i am sure to get enough water/calories these days but it still doesnt work... i dont know if its that the cold weather has been bothering me or what but today after gym i threw up after feeling really sick the whole time (especially on bars and trampoline!! ughh) ....i think it might be the bouncing around, but it never bothered me before?

...or maybe it's the cigarette smoking, which i hate....

any other gymnasts on here? anyone have any ideas??? thanks...?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Who is smoking? You or people around you?

Is it possible you have hypoglycemia from still not eating enough to sustain your blood sugar when you work out?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i am eating enough... hmm but my mom is hypoglycemic. maybe i "caught" it from her lol. and i smoke. ew. .... and i'm not even pushing myself very hard at all! maybe because i didnt warm up before i started. i dont even know...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
yeah that used to happen to me after xmas holidays, which was only 2 weeks long?!?!

blood sugar apparently.

id get awful migraines too. really horrible. im so sorry, hope you feel better soon !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts