VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother finally came home for a visit and brought two parakeets with him. Little did I know, they were a gift for me! I fell in love with them, but my dog isnt very happy about this. Hes a toy, and I know theyre known for being a bit prissy. Im having a hard enough time as it is getting the birds to like me how can I keep everyone happy?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Split time evenly. Or, if you have a yard that you let the pup run around in, spend time with the parakeets while the dog is outside.<br><br><br><br>
The dog will be a little jealous for a while, but he/she will be happy to see you again after you've spent time with the birds.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Is there a room in the house, like a bedroom you can put the birds in, where the dog can't get to? You can socialize with them and let the birds fly around in there. Also, give the dog extra attention and lovings to let him know that he's not being replaced. Having him play outside, or with someone else while you are with the birds is a great idea. That way, he's not lonely and bored just waiting for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts