VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should I reconsider?

Hello everybody!

I have joined this forum in order to find out what might be the problem with my body. However, I have seen a lot of cool stuff in here, so I think I'll stick around for a while. ;)

To get to the point, ever since I became a vegetarian I feel kinda weak, also I have this crazy need for sleep?!
I am 17 years old living in Serbia (very traditional society), thus everyone tells me that I need to stop: "You need to eat meat, you are only 17!! You are going to ruin your health!" And I didn't belive it...before these symptoms arrived, that is. Furthermore, I have heard that depending on your blood type you can/can't be a vegetarian?!

Now, I do not know what to think. I hope someone here knows an answer to these questions. :bobo:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blood type diets have been proven wrong a long time ago: Blood Type Diet Hoax.

Most likely you need to eat more carbohydrates and calories in your diet. Eat more fruits, rice, bread, grains, etc. What foods are you eating now? Most likely you are undercaloried.

Get enough sleep. Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, but sleep for as long as you want, and sleep early at 9 PM, not at 2 AM.

Drink more water. If your pee is yellow, you need to drink more water until your pee becomes clear.

You definitely don't need meat in your diet to become strong and healthy. It's funny that maybe someone you knows smokes all day or drinks alcohol all day, but no one tells them it's bad for their health. But because you decided to become a vegetarian, all of a sudden everyone is worried! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Eat more healthy fats. Olive oil, coconut oil, tahini, whatever you can get that is healthy fats. Your brain runs on fats. It is crutial to function properly. If you feel you need more protein eat more beans and rice. Lots of veggies and FATS. People think fat is bad but its the saturated fat not the healthy foods high in omega 3-6-9. I know I feel better when I up the fat intake.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Now, I do not know what to think. I hope someone here knows an answer to these questions.
Just as with omnivorous diets, vegetarian diets can easily be unbalanced if the right choices aren't being made. Being vegetarian only says what you don't eat.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The trick is to avoid PROCESSED "vegetarian " foods. Eat whole foods. Stuff that starts of mostly "raw" and you cook it or blend it. Like all raw veggies not some "bar or cereal, or fried chip". You want fresh fruit, raw veggies, dried beans, nuts - preferable raw nuts. Dehydrated fruits, oats in original form not sugary store made instant crap or highly sweetned granola( make your own granola so it's good sugar not high fructose) drink plenty of water. Exercise daily & at your age sleep a lot. Teens need their sleep to fully function. Avoid all those sugary coffee & power drinks. Just because it's vegan doesn't always mean it's good for you. Read labels!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts