VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to vegetarianism (6-12 months) and I'm having no problems with the diet side of things, but my old leather belt has seen better days and I'm looking for a non-leather replacement
problem is, I can't find anything that I like, the only synthetic men's belts I can find aren't really my style... most of what I see is quite plain, but I prefer colourful ones, possibly studded, like these ones

also, are there higher quality non-leather belts? I have had a synthetic one before, and it fell to pieces within a month

also, I am in the market for some new shoes (usually buy converse, but they seem to be going under and are too limited and expensive where I live these days) and I was wondering if there was a good site for (preferably cheap) vegetarian shoes?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I believe that Tom's shoes are vegan, and they give a pair to someone in need when you buy a pair. We are getting a pair today for my daughter for school. Merrill has some vegan shoes that are comfy, but they are pretty pricey--they last forever though. You might try a discount store like Target. They use a lot of synthetic material in cheaper shoes. You may be able to find a pair there. Also, many mainstream athletic brands have all synthetic shoes. I have a pair of Saucony that are all synthetic/vegan.

It isn't as hard as you think to find vegan shoes. I told my daughter that we are buying all vegan for her school shoes for this year, and we were able to easily find three pairs for her with no problem. Same with me. Belts are another story though. I have no clue about the belts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.