VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I work as a kennel cleaner for a city animal shelter in West Texas and I am desperately trying to find homes for some of our dogs and cats. I almost feel guilty in making this plea because our shelter is so very lucky in that we don't euthanize for space very often, and while there is no recorded data to back me up, I am sure we adopt out more than we euthanize. However, while there are no plans to euthanize currently, we are getting dangerously full. I know other shelters must face this reality on a daily basis.

We have a more spacious building opening up in just under a month, but I am getting nervous that we will not be able to hold out that long (disclaimer: I have asked to not know about euthanasias so I cannot say that we are actually about to do it, I soo hope not, but it is hard to ignore out numbers right now). Puppy season came early this year and we took in 21 puppies in 2 weeks and we have a steady stream of pups and dogs coming in all the time! We are, of course, locally campaigning to get these guys homes, but adoptions are slow. Since I know I am talking to animal lovers here, I am hoping that there is someone in the region that would like to bring a new family member home. I know you all, like me, probably have your hands full with what you've got already, but it's worth a shot. I am posting a link to our FB page, if you live anywhere near West TX, or know someone who does please help us find homes for these little angels. Some of these babies have been in kennels too long, even if they do make it to the new facility, this is no kind of life. We need to get homes fast!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friend...y/294314360133

THANKS!!

Sally

·
Banned
8,995 Posts
Good luck!

I'm not even clicking on the link because (a) my house is already overfull, and (b) I'm in Illinois, but I hope you have at least a few successes.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I am on a different end of the country or I would do this in a heartbeat. Good luck to you and your pups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts