VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm famous for shameless plugs, and I've lately been addicted to this really cool product I found. Fake sausage rolls. I don't know if they're vegan or not, but they're definitely vegetarian. They're made by Linda McCartney's company in the UK. Being an Englishman, i get to eat them a lot! They're soooo good. If there are any ovo-lactos in the Uk, I'd recommend you try them. if you're vegan in the UK, check into it and see if they are vegan, because they're very nice. They remind me a lot of real sausage rolls, back from many years ago!!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
They are really nice but I believe they have hydrogenated vegetable oil in them. I know they used to. I avoid anything with that stuff in it but I do like the taste of them very much.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
I'm down with you, jacfong. The only fake meat I really kind of dig is TVP in my spaghetti... Just because it's fun, not because it reminds me of meat. It's good to have something to twirl your noodles around. However, I never liked meatballs in my spaghetti when I was omni.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Loki~ You are so funny. One day I was reading your post under "What did you eat today" and it had sausage rolls listed for Breakfast, lunch and snacks. I just laughed and laughed. My DH wondered what was going on. In other words, keep up the shameless plugs. They're great!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, they're vegetarian!!! And if I love somehting, I'll eat a lot of it in one go! Some days, I'll eat a lot of falfel in a row, and when i'm out of falafel, I'll move on to somehting else.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Loki

well, they're vegetarian!!! And if I love somehting, I'll eat a lot of it in one go! Some days, I'll eat a lot of falfel in a row, and when i'm out of falafel, I'll move on to somehting else.
Ah, but variety is essential to good health.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's actually falafel for a day. And there is variety. it's just mainly falafelor sausage rolls in a day. I do eat other stuff. I just focus the day around a certain food.

It's hard not to get variety. You can get bored of eating the same stuff day in, day out.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Except pizza. When I worked in a pizzeria (waayyyyyyyyy before becoming vegan) I ate pizza one or two times a day every day I worked. And it's still one of my favorite foods, even without the cheese. Same for ice cream. I've somehow managed to cut my soy ice cream intake down to rare special occasions, but it's been a process.

Anyway, I was just giving you a hard time, Loki.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm with you Loki. I absolutely love fake meat! I was eating fake meat for years before I even went veg. I never really cared that much for real meat so I don't know what the deal is. I think it just makes it easier for my unimaginative self to cook meals, since I can make all the stuff my mom used to make.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I eat lots of fake meat too. I used to love chicken-but my loving ALIVE chicken has gotten the best of me so I always eat the morningstar buffalo wings.

What's with the name, morning star? My brother and I like to make satan jokes when we eat it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts