VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i know its not healthy! But i marinated some tofu slices in the "chicken" tofu marinade in one of the bryanna grogen books, then i coated in shake and bake hot and spicy and pan fried them! gasp, it was really good, even omni hubby liked it! I think i would try to bake it next time if i try this again, i dont really like to eat much fried, but it was good!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I also read somewhere that you can kinda do the same thing with those chik'n strips by morningstar. I don't think they are vegan, 'cause all the items I buy for my kiddos have egg whites in them.

But defiantely doable for vegetarians!

Michelle

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvegnewbie View Post

I also read somewhere that you can kinda do the same thing with those chik'n strips by morningstar. I don't think they are vegan, 'cause all the items I buy for my kiddos have egg whites in them.

But defiantely doable for vegetarians!

Michelle
If you're talking about the Meal Starters, they're vegan and delicious.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided I dont like shake and bake! i had an upset tummy this morning, and i am thinking it was the shake and bake, i dont usually eat stuff like that, and plus i fried it...........sooooooooo, although it did taste good, i dont think i will eat it again!

i like those meal starters. i make a "beef" and broccoli dish with them that everyone here likes,

i try to replicate omni meals a lot because of hubby. and the meal starters are a big hit here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoluvr View Post

I know i know its not healthy! But i marinated some tofu slices in the "chicken" tofu marinade in one of the bryanna grogen books, then i coated in shake and bake hot and spicy and pan fried them! gasp, it was really good, even omni hubby liked it! I think i would try to bake it next time if i try this again, i dont really like to eat much fried, but it was good!
Haha I just saw the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Will Ferrel and his best bud in the film call eachother Shake n Bake.

Good movie. Sorry it's a little off topic

Funwithyourfood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.