VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this isn't about sex, but I thought that would grab your attention.

I'm making an mp3 disc to take on my long impending bus ride to LA next week, so I'm soliciting ideas of great !romantic/love songs, because I only have about 33 and the disc can hold over 100.

That is the theme of this disc. I mostly listen to songs on the radio, and therefore do not know much non-mainstream music, besides Holly Cole. So song suggestions from either category would be appreciated.

· Registered
238,393 Posts
I've always liked:

Tyrese - Lately

Seal - A Kiss from a Rose

Prince - Dreamin' about You

What kind of music do you get in to? Soul, Rock, R & B, Pop? Do you like music from the 70's, 80's, current?

Knowing that stuff may help get you suggestions

· Registered
5,782 Posts
I don't know whether this is "romantic" in the sense of being soft and smooth, but one of my favorite rock tunes is Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell." (ca. 1984).

Quote:
I walk the walls for you babe

10,000 miles for you

I dried your tears of pain babe

A million times, for you

I'd sell my soul for you babe

For money to burn for you

I'd give you all

And have none, babe

Just a Just a Justa Justa to have you here by me....

· Registered
238,393 Posts
Do they have to be in English? I really love the song "First Love", by Utada Hikaru (actually, it has some English in it).

Also;

some Disney songs: Can You Feel the Love Tonight, A Whole New World, You'll Be in My Heart

Hmm...I'm bad at thinking of love songs. ^_^;

· Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like all kinds of music except rap and hip hop. I especially love all music earlier than the 1970s.

These are some of my most romantic songs- I Cross My Heart by George Strait, and Amazed by Lonestar.

and don't forget November Rain by G n' R

· Registered
1,150 Posts
I was once gonna burn a love/romance themed cd, but I was drunk when coming up with the playlist and accidentally deleted it, oops! I can't remember most of the songs I had on there, but here's a few:

"Miles Away" - Goldfinger

every other song by Everclear

"Eyes on Me" - Faye Wong

"Du bist die Insel" - Bluemchen (and most every other song by her as well)

"Be with you" - Dynamo

if I think of any more, I'll add on later

· Registered
5,782 Posts
I was listening to the radio on the way back from shopping when a woman called in to request "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers, which has to be one of the most romantic ballads of all time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.