VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seventeen magazine is surveying vegetarians for a future article. I filled it out, and I thought some people here would be interested too. For those of you not familiar with the magazine, it's a rather superficial mag for teen girls. Every once in a while they have a good article. Hopefully this will be one of them.

The survey is here.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I wrote something.

I actually noticed an article about vegetarianism in one of my little sister's teenage type magazines a while ago. It asked readers 'do you think it is wrong to eat meat?' and something surprising like 48% of them said 'yes'

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's great. I filled it in as well. I wrote a pretty long rant-ish letter actually. I'm so happy they're finally mentioning vegetariansm and veganism.

·
Registered
336 Posts
ugh. i started off good. ended up in a rant as well. >.< no wonder no one listens to me... i get to frusterated! XD i'm going to have to work on that...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Geez,i hate seventeen magazine. Sometimes they do have some pretty interesting articles in there but i hate how they don't encourage people to be themselves. It's all about looking like celebrities to them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
ugh! that's what i mean! i shall now vent my anger on this keyboard.

ebvgqerjhk;bvfgenejk vefjkbvterbv tji;hn b vfdl' bn vfghor7777ufbvieruil;!!!!!!

i just don't like teen magazines. i read teen vogue for diff opinions/ideas for fashion (I'm a fashion freak :p), but you've really got to keep them in line or they'll take over your mind. o_O

and why are there so many mags that just... say the same thing? YM? 17? CosmoGirl? Sweet Sixteen? (ok, teen vogue too XD)

veg times is good though. the recipies are fun to make ^^

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
i wrote a nice comment. just that i felt better after, lost weight and slept better. *shrug*

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieweggie123 View Post

Geez,i hate seventeen magazine. Sometimes they do have some pretty interesting articles in there but i hate how they don't encourage people to be themselves. It's all about looking like celebrities to them.
I agree. Commercialized, trend-setting mag

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The annoying part is, I'm sure they will post responses such as "I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat meat except for chicken and fish!"

·
Registered
0 Posts
I wrote about the health benefits, why I feel animals deserve not to be treated like that, why I am veg, the real deff of veg (no chicken and fish..)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman! View Post

I was writing about the health benefits of veganism, but then I stopped. No one who reads Seventeen would care.
haha, me too! i started typing but then i realized it was kind of pointless to do it for seventeen.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am a 15 year old lacto-ovo vegetarian. That means that I eat dairy and eggs, but no fish or meat.

One day, exactly one year ago, I decided to quit eating meat. I don't know why I did it, it just felt right. Of course my family and friends didnt think I was going to last long, but I did! This is a lifelong choice for me. I know I will never eat meat again.

I am planning on going vegan once I move out and cook my own food. I dont think its right that an animal should have to die just because humans think it tastes good, when it isnt necessary for our bodies. I respect peoples choices, but unfortunately many people dont respect mine. I think a lot of that comes from lack of knowledge.

I eat the same as I used to, but instead of dead animals I use tofu and soymeat. I especially love pizza, haha. 98% of norways population eat meat, and I dont think thats going to change drastically. I think that there should definetly be stricter rules for keeping production animals, the conditions in which they live now is simply not acceptable.

-Beate

I wrote that stuff. Gah.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts