VeggieBoards banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have used fitday.com as well. I did it when I went veg*n to make sure I was eating appropriately, not to lose weight, but because I was entering all my foods and being held accountable, I started losing weight just because I paid attention! Basically, I stopped snacking on so many cookies and fast food since I saw how it added up in fitday.

I still use the site to track so I make sure I get the right balance of protein, carbs, and fat. It's helpful for days when I eat w/o planning (most days) and by after lunch I can see what I should focus on for dinner--if I didn't have enough protein I can make sure there is a larger portion of it at that next meal, etc.

It's also great to be able to track over time. I can see what my average calories are (intake and output since I exercise), whether I'm getting enough vitamins, etc. The habit of tracking the info makes you much more aware of what you're eating and it's a lot easier to be in control of your diet.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I use fitday for those things too, dieselamy

Daisy Rose, I think you need to ask yourself if you can continue eating 1,400 calories nearly every day for the rest of your life. I'll be the answer is no. If you're going to track calories, you really need to choose a number that is sustainable. Otherwise you'll either make yourself sick, gain back all the weight you lose, or both!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Rose View Post

yea, is it okay to eat all whole grains all day if i eat under 1400 calories? i'd eat veggies and friut as side dishes and snacks between meals. Or do you still gain more weight?
Hon, I think you need a little guidance to help you understand the relationship of food and your body. Maybe a registered dietician or nutritionist sorry for mispellings.

I'm sorry I can't do do any weight loss plans right now I recieved some bad news my husband's uncle whom we are close to and lives down the street from us is terminally ill. Just found out today. He needs our support and care and dieting is just not a priority for me right now.

I do wish you well and hope that you learn to understand food and what your body needs..please don't starve yourself!

1400 calories is not a lifelong plan ok.

Namaste,

Jen

·
Registered
773 Posts
I hope, DaisyRose, that you don't take what is being said in an offensive manner. These things are only said out of worry for your well being.

The good news is that you are looking for information on how to properly feed your body. I have been doing a lot of research on that as well. I hope one day to have it all down pat so I don't even have to think about it anymore.

If only more people took the time to really think about what they put in their bodies...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i can give you some ideas, if you like, but i don't want to overstep my boundaries. please let me know.[/QUOTE]

if u could that would be great, im try'in i don't kno why i could get this down!

Sorry about ur Uncle, i completely understand and i wish u all the best! This is def. more important than a diet!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
if u could give me some ideas on meal plans that would be great, im try'in i don't kno why i could get this down!

Sorry about ur Uncle, i completely understand and i wish u all the best! This is def. more important than a diet!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts