VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I went from 138 to 123 pounds (I too have a small frame) by doing three things:

- I started exercising

- I reduced my calories to about 1,600-1,800 a day, and entered my daily food into www.fitday.com to get an idea of approx. how much food that is. Also, fitday helped me to figure out what the best "bang for my buck" is nutritionally.

- I focused on HEALTH, NUTRITION, and SUSTAINABILITY not pounds. I had dessert nearly every night, but a small portion. I didn't weigh myself at all throughout. I finally did after 8 months and discovered I'd lost 13 pounds. I have no idea when I reached that weight, it could have been after two months for all I know. I have since lost two more without trying.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie15 View Post

daisyrose - i'm relatively worried about your menu - although you are choosing healthy options, you're eating far too little
Even then, there's only two servings of fruits/veggies! She should be up around 8-10.

And don't be afraid of calories that also offer you good nutritional value.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I use fitday for those things too, dieselamy

Daisy Rose, I think you need to ask yourself if you can continue eating 1,400 calories nearly every day for the rest of your life. I'll be the answer is no. If you're going to track calories, you really need to choose a number that is sustainable. Otherwise you'll either make yourself sick, gain back all the weight you lose, or both!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts