VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Recently I was given a bottle of olive oil as a moving in gift by my landlord that had been made by his father or grandfather in Greece, from his own olives, or something cool along those lines. It was fantastic! Now... after sparing use it is gone... and I'm hoping someone here can give me suggestions for a really great extra virgin olive oil that is available in the UK (supermarkets or online ordering). The one I was given had a bit of a deep green tint to it, and just had a fantastic flavour of its own that commercial brands don't seem to achieve. It doesn't matter if it is expensive as this is the sort for drizzling on stuff rather than cooking/frying with it.

So has anyone sourced any mind-blowing oil?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Are you anywhere near London? There are some specialty shops there where they know about oils. Even Whole Foods has a large section with some well trained staff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to London next weekend so I will check out Whole Foods if I have time to detour there. I'll also look for the Il Casolare brand too - thanks for the suggestions!
I think before I had a "good" oil I'd just seen it as salad lubrication than as a flavour enhancer!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
There are a few branches of Whole Foods and Planet Organic around London so hopefully one wont be too far out of your way. Let me know if you want any directions or recommendations for places to eat or visit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts