VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone asked me about this today, and i didn't know how to answer.

is 'sedentary' lifestyle where you predominantly sit down all day and only get up to shower, cook, walk from room to room and possibly to the shops down the street?

or is it NEVER getting up?

i thought it was the first one.

but apparently 'lightly active' is 20 mins walking a day?!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahahah. damn. i had a 50 50 chance of being right, and gave the wrong advice :p but it DID come with a 'i really dont know, dude' disclaimer

thanks heaps.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wait...maybe i got it right anyway. a 'lifestyle' is over say..a week, not a day. so supposing they're 'lightly active' every second day, they'd need a 'lightly active' amount of calories to maintain? or is it like..a day to day thing ? if that makes any sense. i should really refrain from giving advice, but they kept bugging me about it.

so , what i mean is .. do you just eat less on the days you're less active? or consistantly eat a bit more than 'sedentary ' people should, because you're active for parts of the week? rahh. confused. maybe ill just stand by my ' i dont KNOW?!' .

·
Registered
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

so , what i mean is .. do you just eat less on the days you're less active? or consistantly eat a bit more than 'sedentary ' people should, because you're active for parts of the week? rahh. confused. maybe ill just stand by my ' i dont KNOW?!' .
You just eat when you're hungry and don't worry about the definitions of your activity level. Eat a bit more should you lose weight, exercise more if you gain.

·
Registered
590 Posts
why do people want to live like this? im sorry if this is repetitive, i have never heard of this before? like whats the point? it just seems like an excuse to be lazy to me

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. in the end i just said 'i really don't know. but you should aim to be active, regardless.'

couch potatoes fascinate me. i mean, people who are couch potatoes for months (we all have days where we can barely move
)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Lightly active would be you walking to and fro the shops downtown

Sedentary is having a desk job, driving everywhere, and then sittin yer ass on the couch when you get home and starin at the tube

Yay obese americans...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If I stand on my feet and walk around at work all day, in addition to the occasional shops, car, etc, am I more than lightly active?

And yeah, eat according to your hunger. When I'm more active, I'm naturally more hungry- if not that same day, definitely by the following day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

Yay obese americans...
Hasn't obesity become almost a worldwide threat?

Calorie question for ya. If you consume 2000 calories a day, does that mean you have to burn off over 2000 calories to lose weight? It seems like 2000 calories a day is a lot of food unless it's manufactured junk foods.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Potato, you have to remember your body uses up a LOT of calories just beating the heart, thinking, filtering the blood, etc. You dont need to "burn" 2000 calories, as in, exercise that amount every day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts