VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right folks, only 49 days until Christmas!

If you'd like to exchange a little holiday cheer with another VBer, here's your chance!

What is Secret Santa?

Secret Santa is a gift exchange where you only know who is receiving your gift. You will not know who your gift is from until you open it.

How does it work?

We take all participants and assign them to someone else. You are this person's Secret Santa - you are responsible for purchasing/making a gift and sending it to them. Your Secret Santa will be purchasing/making a gift to send to you. You will not know who has purchased/made your gift until you open it.

How much do I spend?

We are suggesting a limit somewhere between $10 and $15.

How do I sign up?

Unfortunately we've had a few instances in the past where people have not received their gifts. Therefore, we are limiting participation to those who have been a member for at least 3 months.

Do not sign up unless you're certain that you'll be able to send a gift.

If you are under 18 please get your parent's permission.

If you meet the requirements and would like to participate...

Send a private message to Santa's Helper telling her:

*Your VB name

*Your real name

*Your address

If you do not wish to send a gift to someone outside of your own country/area, please note this in the PM. If there is anyone with whom you would not want to participate in an exchange, please let Santa's Helper know this as well.

After the names are all submitted, you will receive a PM with the name of your giftee. A Secret Santa login will be created, so that you can ask questions of your giftee anonymously. The password for this screen name will be included in your sign-up PM.

Important Dates:

Last Day to sign up for the exchange: November 26th

Matches will be sent the week of the 26th

Presents should be mailed by: December 15th

Open gifts on: December 25th (if you open them earlier, please do not post until the 25th)

Ho ho ho!

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Woohoo!

SS is my favorite VB activity!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Yay! I love Secret Santa!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Are Jews, atheists and pagans allowed to do this?
No, obviously VB has a participation restriction based on religious belief, and you're required to indicate your religion (or lack of) before participating.

/sarcasm

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Are Jews, atheists and pagans allowed to do this?
Santa is equal opportunity.

Unless, perhaps you are one who believes that Santa = Satan, then I supposed only devil worshippers should apply.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
OMG, I had the BEST Secret Santa last year!!

Can you just arrange it so she has my name again?

Seriously, this is the MOST FUN thing! I'll send Santa my info in a little bit, after I make supper.

And if I get AmySF, I even have Hannukah wrapping paper (that my kids' fundraiser at school sent me by mistake! I love it!)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sounds like fun! This is my first VB Christmas!

But what's up with the stupid avatar and lame title under it..
Honestly, I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

So before I send personal contact info in a PM, who exactly is Santa's Helper anyway?
Someone who's done this before, many a year.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
So how random is this? Or am I going to get stuck with troub and end up sending him, ugh I don't know, a Jesus action figure?

Although, on second though, I've had bad experiences with secret santas. In gradeschool I always got stuck with the crappy dollar store chess set.

~Wonder

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.