VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know that this is a very overposted topic, but I'll ask anyways. So...

For my science lab coming up, we will be using both gelatin and honey (testing for carbon). Of course I don't want to do this, being vegan and gelatin being a vile substance anyways, but I don't know how to tell my teacher that it is against my ethical beliefs. If I just tell her, she will tell me to just watch my group (as opposed to actually touching the gelatin, I guess?), and I can't think of anything to write in a note about it. Any advice from anyone who's been in the same/ similar situation? Or just tell me that my problem is crap and delete the topic for me...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would just tell your teacher upfront. That is what I always do. Do you like nayone in your group? are they understanding? Maybe they will let you do something else for the group, gather supplies, clean, put stuff away, and they will help you write your notes?

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I recently did a lab using catalase in liver. I hate confrontations so rather than approach my teacher about my objections (since I will have to do the lab no matter what) I helped with the other parts of the lab. Nobody in my group even noticed.

Offer to write down all the information so that everyone else doesn't have to worry about writing it down, too. See if there are other parts to the lab that can be done simultaneously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.