VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
each week my church's bulletin has a small space for health tips. i am writing for the month of august. my text box is about 250 words or two good paragraphs. next week's article will focus on healthy school lunches. i'm really not sure what to write...i have been veg*n since high school (half my life) and had veg*n leanings since elementary school.

the kids at my church are hardcore omnis who love junk food. the ideas also need to be budget friendly. i'm trying to think of things kids would actually eat...like ants on a log or homemade yogurt parfaits, maybe a ziplock of airpopped corn instead of chips. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Also PB&J sandwiches (But watch out for other kids with allergies) carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumer sticks etc with salsa or houmus for dipping, cherry tomatoes, home made mini traffic light pizzas (red, yellow and green peppers), fresh fruit salad and you could include a recipe for healthy cookies if there's space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.