VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching these types of articles for a friend who is concerned (hopefully concerned enough to gravitate to a veggie diet)

He isn't really concerned with animal welfare or animal rights - but when I began talking about how unsafe meat is - he showed some interest (hey - that's a start anyway)

If anyone has other articles like this one (showing how meat is unsafe), I hope they might post them on this thread.

Philly Inquirer Article: Food Processing Fast & Furious

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd suggest reading 'Fast Food Nation' by (if I remember correctly) Eric Schlosser. It's not an AR book, it's similar to this article you linked to and more.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree--Fast Food Nation is a must read. If your friend isn't concerned about the AR angle, this is the way to go. Perhaps once he realizes how terrible the meat processing industry is for PEOPLE as well as the animals, it will trigger a switch.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - all those books sound good.

I guess I wanted to start a thread encouraging people to post any articles from the internet because that way I could forward the links to him.

You know what is discouraging? I forwarded the philly article to my sister. She emailed me back and said "My Gawd, those people only get paid $8.50 an hour for doing that??? They need to look for another job!"..........clueless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts