VeggieBoards banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone might have some suggestions . my mom has had this really bad problem with her scalp for quite sometime...very re, very flakey, and very raw, hurts me just to look at it. she 's gone to the doc for it and had perscrip. shampoos and stuff, but nothing seems to help at all. i've given her tips on somethings to try to avoid in her shampoos (trying to get her to try more natural & organic things but if she has to go to a hfs for it for get it) anyways i think it's beyond mere shampoo/conditioner at this point. anybody know of any good oils or anything that could possibly help?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My mom has psorisis (sp) all over her scalp. She uses special scalp shampoos and only washes her hair when absolutely necessary. She also puts Vaseline on the raw skin when she washes her hair, which helps a lot.<br><br><br><br>
My mother also found all the "natural" shampoos to have an acid effect on her scalp. FYI.<br><br><br><br>
Your mom should visit a skin doctor for her condition.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe she should see another one. Obviously, she has a problem and it needs to be fixed. Depending on what it is, all over-the-counter products could make it worse.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dermatologist diagnosed me with eczema on the scalp and has prescribed me some shampoos. they do work, but only temporarily. i have found a neem shampoo without harsh chemicals really helps. it's by Bioforce. you might wanna give it a try?

·
Registered
431 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">anybody know of any good oils or anything that could possibly help?</div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
Try Paw Paw cream. We use it on my nephew's craddle cap - it works for nappy rash and excema (sp?) too. Its actually not very 'creamy' its kinda a browny colour and it has a funny texture.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
you might want to suggest to her to eat more healthy fats in her diet, such as from avocado, olive, hemp or flax.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Some over-the-counter coal tar solutions (yes, coal tar -- it's sold with the medicated shampoos like Psoriasin) help. I think they can be applied about 3-4 times each day. My fiance has psoriasis on his scalp, and he finds that this works.<br><br><br><br>
I think there might be some prescription meds, too, but I don't know much about them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Also, there are some books on the subject that focus on supplements, dietary tips, etc., that my fiance has found success with. Check your local bookstore in the health section, or on Amazon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
it may be an allergic reaction to something in her diet. she should see a good naturopath and possibly suggest trying the 3 week trial diets to see if it is food related.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts