VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about time I join something like this! I've been a lacto-ovo for 26 years, and am planning on going vegan. Am tired of supporting factory farming in all it's cruelness. I have twin girls (5 m os. old) and plan on rasing them veg. Am looking to meet people, swap recipes and make a difference.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Good for you - you'll be in good comopany here. Check out the recipie forums - they are great. There are also the 'Weaning of Dairy' and 'Weaning off Eggs' threads in the Vegan forum that might help

Best of luck

pirate x

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you will be happy about this decision! After many years as an ovo/lacto veg, I dropped the egg and dairy (for ethical reasons) and, soon after, 10 lbs as well. I feel great, better than I have in years (and I didn't feel too bad then). After the first week, not only did I not miss cheese, but I was sort of repulsed by the thought of it. It was as though everything tasted better without the dairy muddling my senses. I should have done it sooner. Best of luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.