VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/s...-made-of-tofu/

Quote:
Faeries Dance, an eco-friendly e-tailer offering sustainable apparel and specializing in hard-to-find items such as organic cotton lingerie and intimates has a new product packed with plant-protein! They now offer underwear made from soy bean casings that are discarded during tofu manufacturing (So, okay, theyre technically not made of tofu, but close enough!). The casings are reclaimed, mixed with organically grown cotton and processed using a closed-loop system that minimizes waste and ensures no chemicals are dumped into the environment.
According to a press release issued by Faeries Dance, the fabrics are also fair trade and sweatshop free and the line is sewn in the USA by Xylem Clothing. The Soy Lace Intimates are available now at FaeriesDance.com, starting at at just $25 per bra and $16 per panty.
Sounds like a great Vegan Valentines Day Gift!
That is SO weird. I kind of want to buy one just to see what it feels like

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
That's a pretty awesome way to reduce waste. I want a pair just to know what it feels like as well.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
$16/panty? o_O expensive...

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

$16/panty? o_O expensive...
Hell yeah it is but they all do look super comfortable. Maybe eventually they'll have a 75% off sale.

When I first read the title of this thread I thought the article was going to be about edible tofu underwear.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

When I first read the title of this thread I thought the article was going to be about edible tofu underwear.
Me too!!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I have a line of male underwear made from frozen soy sauce.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I have a line of male underwear made from frozen soy sauce.
Sounds SEXY! I demand you model them for us

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Cool. I'm glad that article linked me to an eco-friendly clothing website. I've been thinking that I need to start buying from places like this, instead of going to the mall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts