VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the bank today and asked for $25,000 to take over my friends store, "The Giving Tree". Please lets all say a prayer for me to get this loan. I have bad credit from my unfortunate marriage to a heroin addict who wrote 100,000 in bad checks from 4 years ago, but the bank manager loves my ideas for the store and really wants to give me the loan, so I need all the prayers I can get!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You've got my positive thoughts, for sure. I'm curious, what's The Giving Tree about? I'm down for anyone giving a small business a go.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"The giving tree at the moment is some handmade clothes, oils, natural soaps, jewlrey, and other miscellaneous items.

If and When I buy it, I plan on selling borosilicate hand blown glass jewlrey, goblets, urns, gear shifters, and basically half the store will be all glass.

The other half I plan on using to sell all handmade clothes, some books, stickers, headbands and other funky handmade items.

The store name has been intact for 2 years since my friend opened up, I've decided to always have a bowl of free fruit out for my customers to make use of the store name.

Thanks for your prayers and positive energies!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well its not a complete headshop since I'm not selling any drug paraphanalia. It's located in Grand Haven, Michigan, West coast of the state on Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Grand Haven? I'm from Mid-Michigan, and Michigan definitely needs more stores like that. Sounds like my kinda place.

Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey jwnyc,

where in mid michigan do you live?? I used to live in Mount Pleasant and originally from Detroit. Ans thanks, Grand Haven definately needs a store like this. Theres alot of room for improvement here, Grand Haven is sort of like living in a bubble, its kinda creepy, the people have just not been exposed to very much, living on the lakeshore and all.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
hey good luck with that.

i remember this one hair salon i went into one day that had pitchers of ice water with lemon, fresh coffee, muffins and fruit all free for clients waiting for their appointments etc. i thought it was the greatest thing ever!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts