VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on the edge of a large forety area in my city (It starts like 15 feet out my window). It's not developed except for a radio tower in there so it's just all forest and wild stuff.

Anyway, I was on my balcony and I saw a deer walking way over to the right just inside the edge of the trees. I ran to get my camera and I managed to get a few shots and one 10 second movie until the deer was in back of some bushes. They aren't the best photos as I'd just gotten up and I was in a hurry (etc)

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/pho...9_03/deer1.jpg

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/pho...9_03/deer2.jpg

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
cool pics..

when we lived in colorado an entire herd of elk would pass though our yard every morning and evening. we had lots of different wild animals come through daily.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nice pics

There are deer where my sister lives. I was at her house sitting outside on the deck, and I saw a deer coming from the woods. It was right in the backyard and I was pretty close too. It was a beautiful site!

·
Registered
587 Posts
The other night I was driving through town with some friends and there was a deer just walking around town. I thought that was a weird place.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Deer are so beautiful. Whenever we go hiking here we usually see at least a couple. One time I was hiking alone and I saw a lone female. She ran away, but I saw something moving where she was just laying down. I went over and looked. Lo and behold, she had just given birth! The fawn was still wet and was just looking around. I kept my distance and left pretty quick because I didn't want to keep it's mama away. How I wish I had my camera then!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
She looks like a young, well feed Doe. The fact that she came so close in the first place most likely means the your area is only lightly hunted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts