·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Dog credited with saving teen from fire

Pit bull woke up girl when blaze started

Updated: 8:48 a.m. PT Sept 30, 2006

FORT MEYERS, Fla. - A pit bull who was recently adopted by a family after wandering onto a construction site may have saved a teen girl from a house fire on Friday. Jerrica Seals, 17, was already safely out of the house by the time firefighters arrived, the News-Press of Fort Meyers reported.

"She called me screaming," said Leticia Vega, 36, the sister of Seals' boyfriend Javier Garcia, 23, who owns the home. "She said the dog woke her up barking, jumped on the bed and bit her on the leg."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15074838/?GT1=8506

A pit bull, ladies and gentlemen.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Hey, you changed the thread's title.

I love heartwarming dog stories, but especially nice to see pit bulls getting some much deserved good press for a change.

<- My pit/lab mix is laying with his head on my shoulder now, telling me it's time to go to bed. He's not wearing his Bumble Bee costume at the moment, btw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My pit is so sweet and lovable. It's hard to understand the bad rap. I do have to watch her when strangers leave the house though, she barks and runs around them for some reason.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

<- My pit/lab mix is laying with his head on my shoulder now, telling me it's time to go to bed. He's not wearing his Bumble Bee costume at the moment, btw.
how frightening!
truly fierce creatures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Aw, it's great to see a good Pit Bull story for once. I have a Boxer/Pitt mix and he's an absolute sweetheart, but people are so afraid once they hear the word Pitt. I don't even tell them anymore, I just say he's a Boxer mix. *sigh*

·
Registered
255 Posts
I picked up an abandoned red nosed pit about 2 months ago. Named her June Bug and she is the sweetest dog ever. She's the first pit I ever owned and she has really done a lot to alleviate my (and not to mention friends/family's) misconceptions about the breed. She's great with my cats, with my other dogs, with kids and with strangers. Such a joy!

I included a picture of her. Hope it turns out.
LL

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:
He doesn't usually bark. He's real friendly."
This was great to read.

I love pit bulls. There is one at my local humane society (that I volunteer at) that my mother and I are absolutely in love with. My mom doesn't want a dog, though, and we don't have the requirements (privacy fence, previous experience with the breed, etc.) to adopt one, anyway.

There is also the cutest pit bull puppy there. I walked him last time I volunteered... All he wanted to do was roll around in the grass or cuddle with me.

Anyway... It is wonderful to see that pit bulls are getting some praise for once.

·
Registered
385 Posts
One of the dogs that owns me is Pearl the Pitty. I would like to know if anyone else out there with a spayed female pitty has experienced this horrifying event that seems to happen twice a year: Syns and Symptoms:

First I notice her leaning on me more than normal, then on the couch, when she walks on me and over me, she stops and gives me the freaky, horny pit bull look. If I am quick I can distract her with her stuffed, pink, piggy. But if I miss the warning signs, she will get a hold of my arm or leg, my only hope at this point is to wrestle her off or else you know what happens, just like the Pitty joke says "What do you do when a Pitt Bull humps your leg? Well you just wait until they are finished."

Hugzzzzzzzzz to ALL pets!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

Why is the title about pit bulls being murdered?
because I nearly grew old and died waiting for somebody to post in my thread. I wanted to attract attention after about a day and a half of no responses.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hmmm...

Can you please change the title of this to "I found a lost treasure chest!" or "George W. Bush gets abducted by aliens"?

I've waited a week, and still no responses.

·
Registered
255 Posts
DLS said:
I would like to know if anyone else out there with a spayed female pitty has experienced this horrifying event that seems to happen twice a year: Syns and Symptoms:

First I notice her leaning on me more than normal, then on the couch, when she walks on me and over me, she stops and gives me the freaky, horny pit bull look. If I am quick I can distract her with her stuffed, pink, piggy. But if I miss the warning signs, she will get a hold of my arm or leg, my only hope at this point is to wrestle her off or else you know what happens, just like the Pitty joke says "What do you do when a Pitt Bull humps your leg? Well you just wait until they are finished."

QUOTE]

OMG! So totally funny. But not for you I'm sure. Anywho, I've only had June Bug for a couple of months. With all of the new things she has been experiencing, this behavior has not come up. June however is very submissive. Is your female an alpha female? That may have something to do with the behavior. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimango View Post

Thank you. Ok couldn't resist. One more picture
Awwww
What a sweet looking pooch! She has such a kind looking face.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Remember my Horny Pitty Story? WEll now that I know how to post pictures.................. here she is.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Quote:
Is your female an alpha female?
This is the first thing I thought. Humans are the top dogs in my house. I'd let her hump stuffed animals all she likes, but definitely not me. My dog now is very submissive but the husky I had before him, was a more dominant personlity. He was neutered but he humped when we first got him. I'd push him off and say no. We took him to dog training, and the humping went away on its own, as he learned his place in the pack.

But anyway, the story was very cute, I might have my boyfriend use it for school, so his class will get to hear all about the sweet pit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts