VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heh heh...

DH and I went to the co-op yesterday for a change from our regulars (wild oats & TJ's). We found Tofurky certified Vegan Kielbasa Sausages!!

I bought some sauerkraut to go with them. Bad news is it was $4 for 4 sausages. More bad news is that they're 12g of fat each

But the good news is that ... well... it's Kielbasa!! And Vegan!! I love brats & the like, but won't buy any of the ones on the market because they're full of weird stuff including egg whites (i'm lacto-veg).

I'll report after we try them. Probably tonight. Mmmmm....

amy

·
Registered
0 Posts
The Boca Brat's are really tasty, too! I'm not really sure if they're vegan, but they are delicious on the grill! On a crusty bun with chimmi-churri--Yum!!

Anyone ever notice how the cooking instructions on the Boca products have a bit of humor in them? I like that--makes cookin a bit more fun. Just thought I'd add that.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Yeah! I don't remember what it was exactly, but the first time I bought Boca burgers and read the instructions, it had me laughing SO hard... *dork* ^^;

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
brats???

brats????

where can i get my hands on some!!!!

i can't find boca anywhere around here
but i may be able to get hold of tofurky kielbasa. sounds good!!!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where to find them.... here you go:

http://www.tofurkey.com/mainR.htm

I don't know if the retailer will have the brats (out of about 10 stores in portland, i've only seen the brats in one store). Good luck!! If they don't carry the brats but DO carry other Turtle Island foods (like the Tofurkey), get your store to start carrying other stuff!!!!
mmmm, brats....

amy

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
>>Vegan Kielbasa Sausages>>

oooh...I'll have to try these in spite of the price.

Are they large?

Also, re 12 grams fat, well, it IS Kielbasa. How much fat is in the meat version?

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyandbunny

mmmmm I'll have to try those.
With pierogies and saurkraut please!
MMMM.... pierogies, saurkraut and brats....

or brats with potatoes, celery, onion, carrots, and bellpepper all thick sliced and oven roasted. MMMMMM

<---------- not Polish at all but loves this kind of stuff...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts