VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi!

I just wanted to pass on the word that November 1 is World Vegan Day. The Vegan Society has a website set up at <search for world vegan day and it should come up -- the address contains the name: "world vegan day" and "dot org"> and is asking vegans to send in short bios and photos of themselves to show the "typical vegan". (i.e. that there really is no typical vegan).

Check it out.

Shawna

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely the Taj Mahal (if you have time & money) is an excellent choice for a nice vegan supper. We have found that India Palace is also delicious and a bit more affordable.

We also go to this little place called Nha Trang, which has a small but yummy vegetarian menu. We have never actually confirmed that it is all vegan, though -- so ask first & report back

S&J

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm moving to Saskatoon in about a year (for school!). I've never been there, just drive across SK on my way home to Ontario from Alberta three years ago.

I look forward to it...from what I've heard & seen, it's a lovely province.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Green Spot is another wonderful vegetarian cafe located in downtown Regina. I think that they mostly serve thai/vietnamese cuisine. I'd highly recommend it! There is a wide variety of cuisine to choose from, good prices and the staff is very helpful and accommodating!

La Bodega is also a nice place to go if you have some cash to spare.

Mollycat-

It's funny that you mention Brewster's portebello mushroom burger...

Brewster's makes me depressed everytime I go there :p I've only ordered the burger once and I was very dissapointed. After removing the mayo and feta cheese from it I was basically left with a roast vegetable salad and a bun :p

And you're right...thankfully there are many other restaurants in Regina willing to cater to vegetarian diet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i live in Saskatoon. just trying to get by, finding places to shop for vegan friendly food, its tough!

although i am surprised with Superstore how they opened up a new section with dairy free and vegan stuff.

anyone have any suggestions of how and where to shop?

i feel so alone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyosun View Post

i feel so alone!
Haha, I know how you feel! I'm in North B, so I feel quite alone, too.

I'm not vegan, but even as a vegetarian I have such a hard time finding a decent place to eat in Saskatoon (or here, of course). I hear Saba's on 22nd is good, but every time I go there it's closed. We ended up at Alexander's last time but they hardly had any veggie choices -- we ended up having the weirdest veggie burger ever. My daughter asked for a quesadilla without chicken and they told her no. We were so not impressed.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just wanted to add that Sabba's is GREAT for vegetarian/vegan options...they have a veggie combo plate that is delicious. Oh, and I was at Sushiro a couple of months ago and they have a good selection of veggie sushi rolls (beyond the normal plain cucumber roll, etc.) - the spicy vegetarian was really good.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.