VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a recipe that called for Sambal Oelek (hot chili sauce) and I wanted to find something to do with the rest of the jar (if you have any other ideas let me know). I discovered it works quite well as a sauce/dressing to add to a sandwich. I think it probably has fish sauce in it, so not Vegan.

Here is a rough recipe (I tend to just plop the ingredients in a jar while making my lunch in the morning). Adjust the Sambal Oelek to taste.

Sandwich spread:
2 T of regular hummus
1 T of Sambal Oelek
splash of water

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I have the Huy Fong brand and it doesn't have anything fishy, just crushed chilis and vinegar. Nothing different from sriracha other than being thicker. I use it in many foods

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a cool recipe. I was recently gifted a cool sandwich maker check https://www.amazon.com/pie-iron-for-campfire-cooking/dp/B088H42W2L, and now I can make various sandwiches with it. I will try to make sandwiches according to your recipe. I want to share a wonderful and simple recipe for risotto (of the kind they cook in restaurants). You will need a couple of onions, a broth cube, a clove of garlic, half a pack of butter, and round-grain rice. You have to melt these broth cubes in one and a half liters of water. Then fry the garlic and onion in butter. After that, add and fry the rice until it's golden brown. After that, add the broth and cook until it's tender. In the end, sprinkle with cheese, and voila, a wonderful risotto is on your plate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts