VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anybody help give me some ideas for my kids school lunches. At the moment they either take in cheese, egg mayo or marmite. My daughter has said that she will take in soup and maybe some hummous with pitta bread and carrots but my little boy won't budge from his egg mayo. I would prefer it if their lunches were as vegan as possible - any suggestions?

thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe try a tofu-'egg' salad sandwich? Sorry, I don't like egg salad sandwiches so I don't have a recipe, but I'm sure the internet/someone else can give you one. Just make sure he tries one at home before he takes one to school.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just received my copy of "The Vegan Lunchbox" today and I have to say it is awesome. So many great ideas from Jennifer McCann and all the recipes in her book have passed with flying colors with her son (about 8yrs old?). She has an award winning blog, too, if you haven't checked it out at I hope that helps some.

PS: I tried to list links to the sites, but the boards wouldn't let me. Just do a search for that book and you'll get her site and blog.

·
Registered
773 Posts
One of the members, Michele, here is in high school and does a blog on the lunches. It is on blogspot.com and is under "the flying vegan". If you go to the link for the VB Blog at the top of this page you'll find a link to it. Maybe that would help.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Do you have Veganaise or Nayonnaise? Both are vegan mayonnaise-type spreads that might help. I prefer the Veganaise, though both are OK.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly_b View Post

*horrified gasp* they don't like peanut butter and jelly?
A lot of school wont let you take peanut butter anymore because most schools have at least one kid who's deathly allergic, unfortunately.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielove View Post

A lot of school wont let you take peanut butter anymore because most schools have at least one kid who's deathly allergic, unfortunately.
What about other nut or seed butters?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.