VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like to eat salad without dressing? Lately I've found that it's much more enjoyable if you can add the right veggies or other ingredients. Dressing has kept me away from salad for quite some time now, so I just tried it without, and I'm in love!

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I eat some. Usually, I'll just use very small amounts of dressing, if any at all. Even as a kid, I usually ate salads with little or no dressing.

--Fromper

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Not me - I am a dressing/dip/sauce junkie. Which sucks, because which part of MOST meals is unhealthy? So if you like it with no dressing - good stuff!

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Blech no. But the only dressing I use are asian restaurant ginger dressing, or Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger. Damn that stuffs good!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
My mother likes salads with lemon juice and salt.

I think salads without dressing are bland and are usually "missing something".

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
And omnivores think all vegetarians are alike!

I'm still waiting for someone to respond with "You eat salads? Ewww!"

--Fromper

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I put a small amount of dressing on my salad. French, Italian, oil & vinegar, Thousand Island, and Ranch will work.

However, I like to sop up almost all the liquid in soup with bread or crackers. The way I crumble the crackers, family members have asked me, "Would you just like to add flour to your soup?"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
depends on my mood...I use dressing French is my fave...dont care for thousnd island...sometimes i use nothing or a bit of lemon or pepper or balsamic vinegar.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sometimes I eat them with no dressing, but only if I have seasonings nearby. I like lots of black pepper or sometimes a southwest chipotle seasoning blend.

Most often, I like a little bit of a homemade dressing of some sort.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used to ONLY eat salads with no dressing. I can't stand a lot of dressings. The only dressings I like are french and raspberry vingerette.

My least favorite is Ranch

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I dislike most dressings, and I don't like the barrage of flavor you get when your salad is dripping in the stuff. If I use dressing at all, I like it on the side where I can just dip a corner of lettuce into it. That way I can taste it but not too much.

I don't really like salads, though. I always figured I'd like them a lot more if I liked dressing, since that's where the taste seems to be.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Iria- you just have to make them with EVERYTHING you have in your fridge - I had one for lunch with greens, spinach, tomatoes, cukes, green onion, broccoli, carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper, green beans, apples, grapes, strawberries, raisins, and walnuts..... lacking flavor? Not so much.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

My least favorite is Ranch
Wow, you too? I hate Ranch with a passion.

I second what rabid_child said about Newman's Sesame Ginger. Newman's Balsamic Vinegarette is awesome too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts