VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonPep'r View Post

Thanks! These look great! Looks like salad tomorrow with the curry dressing that Ani presented!
i know! gosh, it looks yummy. i'm thinking i may do that one tomorrow, too.

i thought i'd add that this place http://www.frontierherb.com/ is a fantastic spot to get raw herbs/spices. most, if not all, of their products are raw. that's the only truly raw one that i know of.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wow love all those raw dressings!

I just made myself some raw croutons (they actually turned out pretty decent!). They were a bit a work but I miss that "crunchy bread" on my salads so this will make me eat more salads.

I am going to attempt to make a raw Peppercorn Ranch dressing today to go with my salads. If it turns out good, I'll post the recipe.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, let me just say..... that the kreamy curry dressing.... is the bomb!

i made it last night. i think maybe i used a tinyteenybit too much ginger and i didn't put in as much olive oil as the recipe calls for. i ate some last night and it was good!

but today......! i added a tiny bit more OO and little water, whirred it around in the magic bullet. wow! it tastes so much better the next day!

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is a really tasty, healthy orange vinaigrette:

2 tbsp fresh orange juice

1/2 tsp grated orange rind/zest

1/2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 tbsp agave nectar (optional)

Celtic salt & seasonings to taste (optional)

Stir all ingredients together in bowl.

Serves 1 or 2.

mmm

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I'm surprised I haven't seen/heard of the girl in the last video. I just watched it and she is awesome. I watched a couple more of hers and I find her really funny and pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I went on a raw diet for about a week after gluttony day ("thanksgiving") and I made this dressing for all my salads;

1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice

1 1/2 cups olive oil (I didn't use quite that much)

2 tablespoons minced ginger

1/3 cup minced garlic

3 tablespoons nama shoyu

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, About two minutes.

Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.

(Makes enough for four main course salad servings.)

It's from RAW The UNcook book.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here's one that I use at least twice a week, since it's so yummy!

Curry Cumin Vinegarette

1 tsp olive oil

3 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1/2 tsp raw honey

Salt, cumin, curry powder, thyme, mustard seed powder (or you could add 1/2 tsp prepared mustard, even though it's not considered raw)

1 clove garlic, shredded

Serves 1 or 2, depending on the size of your salad. I usually have this with spinach leaves and green onion. It goes well with lettuce too, but spinach really seems to bring out all the flavors.

Tam

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Could someone please tell me if when you include nuts to dressings you have to soak them first. I want to make one of the recipes on the first video in this thread, but wasnt sure if I had to measure, then soak the cashews. It seems as though if I didnt, the dressing may be grainy. The video doenst explain, I just overheard the woman in the video said its best to measure before soaking, but it never mentioned how long, how much water, etc.

Anyone know anything about this? I've seen recipes asking for nuts, particulary "cashews" for sauces....sorry complete noob question.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.